Your experts and help

Who is Who

Who is Who - Your experts and help

You receive help from experts.

Who is at the camp?

A lot of people with different jobs work at the camp.

Director: The director is often called the “Chef” [boss]. You can always go to him or her if you need help

Support: The care workers are there for you and help you. They provide activities such as German courses, sports and games. Are you feeling ill? Do you have a question or do you need help? The care workers will help you. The care workers wear a yellow vest.

One person will be your primary contact person and will take particular care of you. There is a photo of your contact person hanging on the door of
your room.

Doctor: A doctor will examine you. He wants to know if you are healthy. The doctor will look at your lungs. If you are ill, he will give you medicine. You can also get vaccinated if you want. Are you in pain? Do you feel ill? Please tell the doctor how you feel.

Psychologist: A psychologist will speak to you too. Do you feel unwell, are you scared or do you want to talk about your life? Let the psychologist know. He will be happy to listen to you.


You can ask the experts any questions you want. They will answer you. They have time for you. Always ask what is the best way to contact your experts. Ask for their telephone numbers. Call the experts.

A “legal advisor” will help you while you are living at a BBU camp. He works for you free of charge. He supports you at the start of your asylum procedure, until you get your white card and for as long as you are at a BBU camp. He makes sure that your rights are respected during the asylum procedure. Ask where the legal advisors work at your camp. Ask: When (which day) do the legal advisors work? Many children and adolescents refer to their legal advisor and representative as their “lawyer” [Anwalt] or “Vakil”.

After your transfer, you will be given what is known as an “Obsorgeberechtigter[legal guardian]. This expert will listen to you. He helps you with your living arrangements, with attending school, with your apprenticeship, if you need to go to the hospital. He is also your “legal representative”, which means he signs important documents for you.The Child and Youth Welfare helps you if you want to talk to someone about your family circumstances. The Child and Youth Advocacy Office works to protect children’s rights. If you want to talk to them, contact a social worker. They will make you an appointment with the Child and Youth Welfare.

Other experts can help you too (you will find information and contacts here).

previous page:
Arrival in Austria
table of Contents
Table of Contents
next page: